Leatt Brace - GPX 5.5 Neck Brace
From the biomedical engineers and medical staff of the LeattŪ
research labs comes a 100% new neck brace for 2014. LeattŪ believes that
the 5.5 neck brace is truly the most technologically advanced neck
brace in the world. The CE-certified 5.5 neck brace balances the needs
of comfort, effectiveness and safety by allowing greater freedom of
movement and adjustment to more closely meet the needs of top level
racers whilst LeattŪ's commitment to safety ensures that key safety
features pioneered by LeattŪ are built into each brace.
- Engineered by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and tested
by some of the fastest bicycle and motorcycle racers in the world.
- Totally new chassis design made of fiberglass-reinforced polyamide.
- New helmet rim striking platform for increased head and helmet freedom of motion.
- Five-way adjustability.
- Sliding front and rear SureFit adjusters to ensure optimum fit.
- Four-angle rear thoracic strut adjustments fits more body shapes.
- Adjustable over-the-shoulder height for optimizing freedom of motion for different neck lengths and helmet rim profiles.
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit.
- New and improved, CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body's natural movements.
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back.
- New and improved low-profile open / close system incorporating a spring-loaded push-button.
- Easy to use emergency release mechanism for injured riders.
- Engineered collarbone cutout to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones.
- Injected foam padding on upper surface is more durable, easier to clean and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.
- Air flow ribs in the padding ensure optimum ventilation.
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing.
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included.
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC.
The core of what makes LeattŪ's neck braces work is Alternative Load
Path Technology (ALPTŪ), and for the ALPT to work optimally, neck braces
must fit correctly. The adjustability built into all LeattŪ neck braces
is not just for comfort, but to ensure a correct fit that assists in
optimizing effectiveness of your neck brace. LeattŪ believes that no
other neck brace can be adjusted to fit riders as well as a LeattŪ. The
front and rear sliding SureFit adjusters can be set for your personal
body shape, without tools, in less than 30 seconds. The brace can also
be readjusted as necessary for growing kids or when worn with different
apparel. To further optimize fit, the new and improved CoreFlex rear
thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted to
4 setting angles. This is done with a simple elastomeric bumper that
can be set at 0, 5, 10 or 15 degrees in seconds.
The 5.5 has lowered side areas, below the ear, that increases comfort
and wearability, especially on kids, smaller statured riders and riders
with shorter necks. A simple pop-off shoulder pad that can raise or
lower your brace to suit your neck length or helmet rim profiles. Both
the front and the back feature the new split design that promotes
broader dissipation of energy transmitted to the body and have new
molded padding for greater comfort. The semi-rigid chassis is flexible
and adjustable enough to fit most riders' body shape while the structure
remains rigid enough to help transmit energy during an impact while
multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break
away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders'
safety. The new and improved CoreFlex rear thoracic strut is more
comfortable than ever and still has the engineered fracture point at the
top that allows it to break away in certain severe impacts. If broken,
this strut can be purchased as a replacement part and easily changed
out. The strut is lined with the same soft padding as on all the
surfaces that ride against your body and this protective padding is on
the brace edges facing inwards towards the soft tissues of the neck. The
injected foam padding is more durable and easier to clean than ever
before and designed to accommodate custom sticker kits.